Friday, February 24, 2012
1. I read other people's blogs and they do these list type things...daybooks, quick takes, right now's. All fun, all random. Here is my own...list of stuff. No clever title , just a list.
2. This Week: I got 2 packages sent to me in the mail from dear friends who are SUPER generous. They sent gifts for each of my children and tons of stuff for Andrew. It always amazes me when people send such generous gifts. I find getting to the post office a major achievment. So far this boy has been clothed by the generous gifts of so many people. He is a well dressed boy..and very loved.
3. Speaking of..he is 6 weeks old now and since my complaining post he has turned a corner and seeming to enjoy his life a bit more. He still is not a fan of others holding him but he has cut down on his crying and life feels calmer once again.
4. He has this intense stare. He will crane his very strong neck to stare directly into your eyes if he can. He will lock eyes and beat any opponent in a stare down. Very sweet..a little creepy when you are holding him and trying to eat. Having someone stare you down as you chew feels..off.
5. I have made it to the fabric store twice this week. Once to buy material for this skirt. I got home cut all the pieces out. Then realizing I needed another piece for a pocket lining I accidently cut the pocket from the main skirt piece...oopps. This is what led me back to the store 2 times in one week. Last night I finished the cutest skirt in the WORLD filled with mistakes and me not really following the pattern at all. The finished skirt is super cute and gave me confidence to try my own idea for a skirt. I really learn a lot through each skirt I make, especially the ones that don't come out right...which are most of them.
6. One day while feeding Andrew I went to Etsy and got a "store". I have a dream of making things other people might like to buy. I have absolutely NOTHING to sell or put in a store. But I am ready for when I do. What is the store called you ask...Little House That Grew.
7. We painted the entrance hall last weekend. It is gray..a color called porpoise. I LOVE it and now I am begging Pete to repaint the newly painted kitchen. Pete painted the kitchen during Christmas and neither of us really likes the color. We are cracking open the porpoise tomorrow to do the kitchen. Pete loves me. I hate painting. I can't wait!
8. Still contemplating what to "give up " for Lent. Some days I feel like such a martyr ( a bit dramatic..but that word suited the feeling I sometimes indulge myself in) already that I am not sure how I can bear to give up more than I already have. My sleep Lord? My ability to go out Lord? Me having my arms full most moments of the day trying to get things done Lord? Are these things enough? I fear not. I feel the need to find something that hurts...but I am struggling with the ability to feel more ...struggle. I have added things for myself and the children. I have a renewed sense of offering things up and uniting my small sacrifices to God's.
9. I sometimes wonder why I blog...to what end? What is the point? I make no money! I gain few new readers. I am unable to comment back to the sweet people who comment to me. I am not always good at taking pictures and I have no lifestyle to sell you. But I like to share and I like to be here. So that is where I land. Sometimes I want more...sometimes I want nothing....